Monday
The temporary pool fencing was delivered and installed, making the whole installation legal and safer.
Thursday
The pool senior installer came around mid morning to relocate the pump, filter and pipework closer to the wall so we could get past it, plus put the water feature feed in. I connected up the pump to an extension lead in the evening to try to pool cleaner but something by the pump was leaking too badly and it got too dark before I could diagnose it. (Turned out to be a badly fitted o-ring.)
Friday(?)
The electrician came around. Said we could mount all the controls in a suitable waterproof box on the house wall near the pump but wanted to know where the "control unit" was. Seems that there is a control box of some sort missing he thinks. Once I explained that it was not a salt water pool but a chemigen pool, we concluded that the box might not be needed but he wanted to wait to confirm this before installing anything.
I then spoke to the Chemigen people to clarify what was involved in their side. Yes, they bring their own control box, just need a power supply but now I discover that the control unit can only be 1.2m from the pump because of the length of the probe. We can, if we want, pay a further $300 for a 5m one but that only has a one year warranty and isn't as effective. This just gets better and better!
I suggest that we might be able to re-route the water via a pipe loop before the pump but that is only a possible solution, various technical reasons given. This not looking too good. Would have been nice to know all this BEFORE we chose the pump location.
Monday, 17 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment