Tuesday
Was advised by the builder that the pool will be uncovered by the 17th, the electrical and painting work on the conservatory roof having been completed by then - the roof being glazed this week. Was also advised that the walls and doors are ready - shame we cannot go ahead and install them due to the header course requiring removal and replacement.
Sent an e-mail to Sapphire/ALT impressing on them that they put me in touch with the landscaper so we can hurry along the header course remedial work. No respose was received to this request and no contact made by the landscaper. Pathetic.
Wednesday
07:40
Kai turned up early to start on the remidial work. I explained the issues I had with the layout and suggested how it might be better plumbed, including using a larger area of the paving I had laid for the purpose.
He had brought the booster pump with him. It was a different brand and model from the one we had ordered (none in stock - so much for planning!) but stated it was as good if not better than the Silensor we had ordered. As it was the same brand as the boiler it was being attached to it seemed logical to accept it, subject to it being as good and all the warranty being the same or better.
18:00
Returned home to discover that the pump was connected and the old pump and filter replumbed in a far more elegant and logical manner, though not moved as far as I would expect to give room for the solar pump and still allow access to the boiler front panel - we shall have to wait and see on that point.
I discovered however that the promised Filtermate had not been installed and the new pump would not prime - wouldn't draw water. I even disconnected the boiler inlet to ensure it wasn't the boiler blocking it but no joy.
Sent yet another email of complaint to Sapphire/ALT.
Thursday
08:30
Received a phone call from Kai - signal dropped out due to my being on the train; phoned him back early afternoon. He explained that he had not tested or primed the pump to avoid contaminating the pool as he could not see the outlets (fair enough) and had forgotten to fit the Filtermate for which he apologised.
Arranged for him to return on Friday to complete the tasks.
[The conservatory roof glass has been delivered and half the roof completed]
Friday
18:00
Was pleased to see the pump was primed and working when I got home and the Filtermate was installed - he had even set the timer to run half an hour a day - finally we have some automatic circulation in the pool. I was even able to test the boiler - it would detect the water flow, measure the water temperature and try to ignite, but can't of course becasue we haven't had the gas connected yet.
Unfortunately, we did not hear from the landscaper about the header course during the week, despite Matthew's assurance that we would.
[The conservatory roof is now completely glazed]
Sunday
21:36
I sent an e-mail confirming the current state of play and requesting that the three outstanding items be addressed quickly - the solar heating, Chemigen and header course. I suggested that we could have everthing done before Christmas with a bit of effort.
I reminded Matthew that the landscaper was supposed to call this week and didn't, that he would have to order new pavers before Christmas in order to replace the existing ones within the agreed timetable and that they were running the risk of delaying the conservatory and pool fencing further.
I stated that I would give them until the end of this week to contact me and make arrangements to inspect the pool, after which I would use an alternative company and sue them to recover the costs. I also advised them that we would expect to reclaim any costs associated with further delays.
Monday, 3 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment