Monday, 7 January 2008

Week 18 : 7 - 13 Jan.

(Sunday 6th)
Kevin the paver phoned to confirm that he would be arriving later in the week to rectify the headers. He also agreed to replace the two pavers that I had found the conservatory blokes had chipped, free of charge. I asked about one more corner (SW) which is rather high but it seems he only just had enough spare pavers for those previously discussed and would have to go to Bibra Lake to get another. Damn, I might have to get him to do that one instead of the SE one or get a replacement myself.

Monday
Tried to contact Helen three times, twice got her voicemail, third time got a colleague who put me through to Doug in solar - remembered the installation due to the PVC piping. Seems Ben thought I was to let them know when the pump, etc. had been moved before they started with the construction (sigh!) - so I wonder how Darren could have said that the solar install was booked for January when it clearly wasn't!

Doug said he'd start the factory people on the construction first thing in the morning then check Ben's availablility to do the install as soon as possible, yay!

Thusday
Contact Kevin early to confirm when he'll be coming and to get the address of the header supplier. He indicates it will be Friday or Saturday, probably Saturday, and advised that the pavers come from Australis Pavestone, south of the river. I drove down to the supplier during the morning and got two inner corners, just in case!

Saturday
08:15
He didn't come yesterday and isn't here today so I send hime an SMS asking when he'll be here - no reply.

10:00
Send another SMS pointing out that he'll have to explain to Sapphire if we get penalised by the builder and pass on the costs to Sapphire because of his late completion.

10:25
Get an SMS reply - "Sorry mike feeling unwell 2day,b there 2moro"

[I collect the fans from Beacon - the electrician can finally complete his work!]

Sunday
Kevin arrives at about eight with a colleague and they get the headers replaced according to our requirements by about ten thirty - at last!

No comments: