Monday, 1 October 2007

Week 4 : 1 - 7 Oct.

Tuesday
The pencil compacting was done today. I was able to get them to take about three or four metres of the excess sand off my hands for nothing - shame I had to pay for the stuff in the first place!

Thursday
In the afternoon the guys who are installing the header course pavers on the pool next Wednesday phoned to say they'd had to cancel another job in the area and could they do ours? By the time I got home the job was finished. Should have checked the quality of the job at the time (more later)!

This did meant I had to cancel the pre-clean of the pool that was due to occur on Friday as the pavers mustn't be moved for 24 hours. That said, getting any sort of reply from the cleaning company seems to be impossible - I phoned about four or five times that night and on Friday and only got his voice mail.

While the guys were installing the headers, the solar heating people came to measure up - nice of them to tell us! They left us a note at least... telling us that they were going to put it on the eastern side of the roof - oh no, they're bloody not, that's where the upper storey will be going!

Friday
Phoned Sapphire in the morning - eventually got through to our Customer Liaison(!) Office, who had the ordacity to say that we wouldn't have colour of roof limits in our property caveats; shows how little she knows of Mindarie. I eventually spoke directly with the people who measure the solar - luckily! Seems they were unaware of the pending indoor nature of the pool, which means that the pipework apparently has to be made of a different material, something to do with the chlorine levels.

No comments: